In 2010, I earned the privilege to work along side of the US Marines and US Navy on two humanitarian missions to Haiti just after the devastating earthquake in January of that year. While there, I photographed military operations at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, aboard the USS Iwo Jima, USS Bataan, and USNS Comfort where I was awarded a "Certificate of Appreciation" by Navy Capt. Thomas Negus (Commodore of CP10 - USS Iwo Jima) for my documentation work on the Continuing Promise 2010 humanitarian mission.
In November of 2010, I took a third trip back to Haiti to independently cover the devastating cholera epidemic in the rural northern plateau. While in Haiti, I also had the opportunity to document the security and humanitarian efforts of the United Nations Stabilization Mission, "MINUSTAH," and was embedded with the Nepalese Army, Brazilian Army and Jordanian Army. In 2011 I joined the crew of US Navy's Continuing Promise in Nicaragua where I documented the work of US Navy, US Army and several NGOs on and off the USNS Comfort. In May of 2014, I also worked on two stories aboard the USS MAKIN ISLAND LHD-8 Amphibious Assault Carrier.
In 2015, I had the opportunity to join the US Navy's Continuing Promise Mission again in Haiti. There I worked on two stories: US Navy and US Army eye surgery operations aboard the USNS Comfort, along with documenting the US Army's Veterinary mission treating Haiti's cattle and pets.
1. US Naval Base San Nicolas Island - Documentary film work (sea lions, elephant seals, island fox) 2003-2012
2. US Naval Base San Clemente Island - Documentary film work (sea lions) 2007-2009. Aerial documentation of the US Navy SEALS training grounds 2012
3. US Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba - Documentation of Haiti Relief 2010
4. US Navy Blue Angels - El Centro Naval Base - Documented a day in the life of #5 Lead Solo Pilot Lt. Commander C.J. Simonsen
6. Haiti earthquake Relief Mission - 2010 Documented the medical work about the USNS Comfort and USS Bataan.
7. USS Makin Island - Produced an article for Smithsonian Air and Space magazine documenting the ship's new hybrid propulsion design.
Recognition: "Certificate of Appreciation" by Navy Capt. Thomas Negus (Commodore of CP10 - USS Iwo Jima) for his documentation work on the Continuing Promise 2010 humanitarian mission.
1. Continuing Promise Mission 2015 - Haiti. Documented the work of US Army Ophthalmologist CPT Nicholas Lancaster - EyeWorld Magazine
2. Continuing Promise Mission 2015 - Haiti. Documented the work of US Army Veterinarians (Major Marc Knobbe) for Dogster and Catster magazine.
3. Continuing Promise Mission 2011 - Nicaragua. Documented the work of US Army Veterinarians - OC Register